Thursday 20 December 2018

Book Review: Hello World: How Algorithms will Define our Future and Why We Should Learn To Live With It by Hannah Fry



What a wonderful book. I picked up a copy after I saw Hannah Fry's talk at EMF discussing algorithms and how they used pigeons to detect breast cancer, so I couldn't wait to read the book once it came out. I read it over two days and it did not disappoint. I loved that the final chapters covered how Bayesian theory is being used to improve AI. The book is well written and easily understood by a lay-person and no background knowledge is needed. 

I loved the book and would highly recommend this for anyone interested in data, statistics or AI. This book would also be well suited for anyone wanted to better understand how we can make better decisions and the benefits and limitations of the use of algorithms.
Share: